It’s Halloween! Are you looking for something to make the kiddos? Try this recipe – Candy Corn Cupcakes.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 18.25 oz. white cake mix
- 1 c. Sour cream
- 1/2 c. Vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Of almond extract
- Yellow and orange food gel (1/2 tsp. Of each)
- White cupcake paper liners
- Candy corn
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 ° and line the cupcake tins with the white cupcake paper liners.
- Combine: cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, eggs, and almond extract in a large bowl.
- Divide the batter equally into two bowls.
- Mix the yellow food gel into one bowl, and the orange food gel into the other bowl.
- Divide the yellow batter evenly among the muffin tins, about one tbsp per tin.
- Holding the edges of the pan firmly bang it so that the batter levels out.
- Repeat the process with the orange batter.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.Once cool, frost the cupcakes and garnish with a candy corn.